INTRODUCE YOURSELF

LewisWilson
Administrator
This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us why you're here.

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

AndyTFish
Andy here, I love the old serials and think Lew Wilson killed it in the lead of the ‘43 serial.  I think the ‘49 is a different animal but fun like an Ed Wood film.

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Scott Sebring
Scott here. Big fan. Congrats on the new site. Hope to see some new and familiar faces around here.

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

BatmiteReturns
Congratulations on the new board and that's a nice score on the domain name

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

LewisWilson
Administrator
I guess I should introduce myself too-- Lewis Wilson is the catch all login for the administrators of the site.  There are three of us right now.

Mike Denborough - I'm a longtime Batman fan and I first saw the Batman serials in a theater in New York in 1966 via AN EVENING WITH BATMAN AND ROBIN and I loved it right away.   I don't like the '49 serial at all but I do think the Rifftrax Version of it is hilarious.

Bob Fleming - Well, my middle name is Ian, my parents had a good sense of humour.  I love the Batman Serials and I prefer the 1949 version because its more like the comic books than the first one was.  I'm also a little put off by the overt racism in the original even though I understand it's a product of its time.

The other Lew is Andy Fish and he's created his own account and already introduced himself.  Andy is a major Batman fan especially of the old comics and the serials.  He's got a potential book in the works but with his schedules it may never happen.

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Maniac cop 5
I was introduced to Universal Monsters and the 43 Batman via B&W home movies at my older cousin's house. It was a large country home with 5 bedrooms, high ceilings, and a long dark hallway perfect for showing old movies in. This was in the early to mid 60s. He had a Batman costume his mom made which was a cross between Wilson's and West's. I being younger was always Robin. Years later as an adult I purchase grainy third generation VHS copies of the serial from Rex Miller for $100 and was glad to have it. For the first time- seeing the whole serial and with SOUND no less! It was amazing! When I got into higher end action figures a few years back one of the first things I had commissioned was a Lew Wilson Batman. I'm currently putting together a 43 costume from Williams Studio a piece at a time as funds afford. Lynne has done a spectacular job on what I have so far and some of you may remember the photos I posted on the 66 Batman forum previously.
I don't know why but in my young mind I always thought of the 66 Batman as the "TV Batman" and the 43 as the "Real Batman". Maybe it was the grainy newsreel look to the movie footage, who knows? A child's mind works in strange ways...

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Larry Mager
Greetings to all.  Some of You know me from other Bat Boards, but I am excited to be allowed to join this board.  Thank Your for approving me for membership.

I am a disabled 65.5 years young Viet-nam Navy veteran who has been reading Batman comics since I was 4.  ( Mom and Dad put great emphasis on reading).   My uncle worked at the Alton Boxboard Company ( now part of Georgia-Pacific) and would bring home to us loads of late 40s-late 50s comics so as to keep them out of being chopped up to be used for card board.   So I got to read a lot of the early years and quite bluntly, prefer them to all the later versions.   I stopped reading the comics right after the Azrael storyline.  I saw the 1943 Serial when it was rereleased as "An Evening with Batman and Robin".   My best Bud, Matt and I got to get in free because my late Cousin  worked there and family got in free  The 43 Serial, imho, is still the best!  It beats even the 66 series, although for sheer silliness, it is my 2nd favorite, the Keaton being my third favorite.

I look forward to interacting with all the members....especially Andy, whom I know from the 66 Board and His blog.    That's it for now!     Cheers,  Larry A. Mager

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams here. Fan of both the 43 and 49 serials and costume junkie! My wife Lynne and I have made replicas of some of these costumes and are in the process of creating more pieces for collectors from vintage textiles.
Congratulations on your new board and I wish it much success!!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Keith Mayo
Keith Mayo (AKA Big Daddy K) here. SO glad to see this group up and running. Big fan of the serials and Golden Age Batman in general. Huge thanks to my Bat Buddy Andy Fish for turning me on to the serials and this group.

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Scott Sebring
Glad to see you managed to join, Keith.

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Keith Mayo
Had to get a gmail account since it didn't work with my bellsouth email. Adapt and overcome, baby!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

teen_wonder98
Hello, I am Nasir revels. The 66 Batman tv series inspired my love for comics in general and the Caped Crusader specifically. Over the years I have gained an interest in both the character's early years and his first appearances in other media (films, toys, games, etc.). I hope to find new information in regards to the serial's production process and possibly information about the Joker originally being the main antagonist.

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Frenchy1939
Greetings, Frenchy1939 here.  I’m obviously a fan of the Frenchy Blake’s Jewel Gang early Batman Story.

Batman sparked an interest in crime fighting when I was a kid.  It went dormant as a teen, but once I got to College, Criminal Justice appealed to me and I ended up spending over 30 years in Law enforcement.  I have Batman (the fully-deputized version) to thank for my career!

I like the Dracula-esque look and feel of the 1943 serial and the light fun of the 1949 effort.  To me, the serials were pilots for the TV show.  I love them!

Looking forward to participating here!